The list of eight (8) priority bills that the Senate and the House will be prioritizing in the next five weeks, three of the Magdalo Party-List’s filed bills are included:
House Bill 5519 – AN ACT ESTABLISHING ENABLING MECHANISMS FOR MEANINGFUL YOUTH PARTICIPATION IN NATION BUILDING, STRENGTHENING THE SANGGUNIANG KABATAAN;
House Bill 937 – AN ACT CREATING THE DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY, DEFINING ITS POWERS AND FUNCTIONS; and
House Bill 5517 – AN ACT ENCOURAGING MORE PUBLIC-PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP (PPP) PROJECTS, CREATING THE PUBLIC-PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP (PPP) GUARANTY FUND, AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES, THEREBY AMENDING REPUBLIC ACT NO. 6957, AS AMENDED BY REPUBLIC ACT NO. 7718, OTHERWISE KNOWN AS THE ‘BUILD-OPERATE-TRANSFER’ (BOT) LAW.
There is still, of course, the continuing deliberations on the 2016 national budget and the period of interpellation on the BBL (now called the BLBAR or Basic Law of the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region).
BBL, SK reform among Congress priority bills
By Patricia Lourdes Viray (philstar.com)
…The leaders of the Senate and the House met on Thursday to set priority bills in the remaining five weeks before congressional recess.
The Congress leaders have also agreed to give priority to the following measures:
– The creation of the Department of Information, Communication and Technology;
– Tax Incentives Management and Transparency Act;
– Amendments to the Built-Operate-Transfer Law;
– Amendments to the Customs and Tariff Modernization Act; and
– A review and amendments to the Revised Penal Code insofar as the monetary values are concerned.